Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Director, Product (Launch/Go to Market)
This senior-level role requires a thoughtful point of view about the industry, as well as the ability to develop and drive industry-specific solutions into the market to drive the business at scale, foster relationships with senior executives, and partner with our product and market teams on strategic opportunities.
We are looking for a proven track record in the following key attributes:
Industry Experience: We are seeking a leader in the healthcare industry who understands the industry challenges and opportunities, can evangelize the value our solutions bring to this market and is an expert on integrating customer experience and technology (digital and data). Experience with clinical, community, technology, and operational products is preferred. Experience across multiple lines of business.
Solution Leadership: This individual will have a proven ability to develop strategic solutions and launch products in the healthcare industry. Understand industry challenges, systems landscapes, positioning, use cases, areas of opportunity, and sales tactics. Ability to leverage this leadership to be the ‘external face' of this sector while engaging with Marketing, Health Care Quality and Affordability, Consumer and Commercial Markets, Product, Customer Experience, Provider Relations, Operations and other cross-functional teams. Create and roll out internal and external content, such as industry positioning, solutions, and customer successes. This individual will have the ability to think and act both at very strategic and tactical levels. They will have a proven track record working as a collaborator in a highly matrixed organization in which team members are dependent on teammates and organizations with whom they partner and facilitate, but do not exercise direct control.
Change Management and Lean/Agile Methodology: This leader will have the ability to adopt a ‘lean startup' mentality by cultivating a culture of change within the Go-to-Market team. Tools and methods should be consistently evaluated to understand opportunities for improvement or replacement via continuous improvement methodologies. This individual will have the ability to champion change and maximize adoption of the Go-to-Market principles and processes to enhance value creation, increase return on investment, and ultimately drive more successful business outcomes.
- Owns the development, execution, and delivery (launch plans) of the Go-to-Market strategy. Able to effectively communicate the translation of the Go-to-Market strategy to the tactical execution team.
- Develops strong partnerships with multiple pipeline channels to understand and anticipate future solutions and strategic opportunities.
- Influence prioritization of backlog, utilizing industry knowledge, stakeholder needs, and strategic architecture.
- Develops and implements process design to evolve and advance the Go-to-Market operating model making it unique to each product platform end-consumer by partnering with cross functional partners
- Works collaboratively with cross functional teams including Marketing, Health Care Quality and Affordability, Consumer and Commercial Markets, Product, Customer Experience, Provider Relations and Operations to develop and execute the strategic go to market plans
- Identifies opportunities to standardize templates across channels/platforms and teams
- Develops launch plan, timing, cross-functional dependencies, and needs based on key inputs from cross functional teams
- Ensures understanding across teams on expected inputs and outputs for cross functional teams for upcoming deliverables
- Maintains consolidated view of intersections and overlaps/cadence across separate launch schedules and share with leadership team
- Develops project trackers, metrics (key performance indicators, ) and timeline to achieve and measure success and meet departmental and team requirements (i.e. Development & Adoption metrics)
- Develops processes that align across platforms but have different timing or cadence based on market, platform and/or channel needs
- Manages day-to-day critical data and reporting to keep launch team, vendors, agents and cross functional partners appraised of key metrics and accountable for outcomes
- Works closely with launch team leads to ensure timing and requirements are being met and communicated to cross functional teams
- Works cross-functionally to ensure deliverables are met and stakeholders have clarity on timelines and expectations
- Analyzes resource recommendations (travel, temp, consulting, time, supplier inputs) and present launch plan budget to leaders
- Engages leaders as needed to escalate and resolve outstanding points, presenting detail required to drive to conclusion
- Supports the development of messaging, positioning, and points of view for customers
- Presents to large customer audiences as well as command the attention of C-level executives; earn their trust through expertise and relevance
- Implements lean methodologies
- Owns the change management strategy
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Basic Requirements:
- 15+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry, with knowledge/experience in the customer experience and customer-facing channels
- Knowledge of the typical Go-to-Market use cases and patterns
- Demonstrated ability in launching innovative product platforms
- Direct to consumer experience a must
- Must have solid understanding of how product teams operate and engage with internal cross-functional teams
- Must have an understanding of key Go-to-Market activities, processes and responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aesthetic acumen for creating presentation decks
- Our Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,