Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai s human health care (hhc) mission. We re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
Develops, engages and maintains professional relationships primarily with top tier KOLs, healthcare providers and scientific experts focused on the assigned therapeutic areas within Eisai s portfolio / pipeline. Prepare and deliver presentations and effectively enter into strategic discussions as they relate to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
* Develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate neurology to Eisai s products (focus will be on epilepsy and sleep).
* Provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai neurology & sleep products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
* Assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
* Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD)
* Minimum of 3 years of MSL experience, preferably in assigned therapeutic area
* 5+ years pharma/industry related experience
* Disease state management knowledge in neurology or sleep therapeutic area
* Strong broad-based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills
* Strong overall written and verbal communication skills
* Comfortable and confident speaking about drug information/disease state management
* Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations, including Marketing and Sales strategies
* Understanding of the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical and Scientific Affairs
* Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship
* Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic areas of interest
* Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically
* Sound computer skills including applications for word processing, producing slide materials and working with spreadsheets
* Clinical research/drug development experience
* Clinical pharmacy experience
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work