Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Position Summary
* The social worker role involves the ongoing assessment of the biopsychosocial-spiritual status of the patient and his family/supports. The social worker will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team members, both internal and external to the organization to facilitate discussions regarding discharge options as they relate to complex situations, facility placement, or community resources in the context of the patients health insurance, available support, location and other eligibility factors. The social worker will demonstrate attention to detail when interviewing patients. The social worker will maintain and share expertise in cultural awareness, health disparities and social determinants of health. This work is performed under general supervision in accordance to the Maine Medical Center (MMC) institutional policies and Care Management departmental policies. Some weekends and holidays will be required.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Master of Social Work from an accredited school.
* License/Certifications: Licensed by the State of Maine as LMSW or LMSW-cc.
* Experience: 2 years' on-the-job experience in a hospital setting preferred.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong analytical, data management and PC skills
* Familiarity with health care insurances and regulations is preferred
* Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and can identify each patient's age and illness specific needs.
* Demonstrate knowledge of evidence based practice related to human behavior theory and social determinants of health
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.