Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Director, Clinical Operations - Crisis Response Central or Mountain Time zone
Make an Impact in a Key Role within a $2 Billion-Dollar Healthcare Company
If you are an experienced RN who is looking for a unique opportunity that combines exposure to both the acute care setting and the business / corporate side of clinical operations, this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. You'll have the ability to bring your nursing background to make your mark on clinical operations for both our clients and clinicians in the crisis response setting -- this includes strikes, work stoppage issues, rapid response and other crisis management. If you are intrigued and ready to learn more, we invite you to consider the role of Director, Clinical Operations - Crisis Response for AMN Healthcare. Consider just a few of the many advantages of this role:
You worked hard to become a Registered Nurse and this role will allow you to showcase your clinical background and your leadership skills as you manage a team and work directly with our clients and clinicians to oversee clinical operations for strikes, crises (such as pandemic response) and other work stoppage issues. You'll gain visibility throughout the industry and beyond at the nation's largest healthcare staffing organization.
This is a varied role that will present you with the opportunity to learn new skills, expand your clinical expertise and make a direct impact as a leader. You'll also enjoy the support of great leadership and the resources that come with working for AMN Healthcare.
Pivotal to your success will be your ability to establish credibility and build relationships of trust with internal and external stakeholders. We will look to you to act as a collaborator and business partner to a wide variety of Clinical Leaders, Executives and Healthcare Professionals and serve as an integral member of the leadership team. Your success will be visible as you help to lead this important division and assist us with providing the best crisis response solutions to our clients.
We take pride in our collaborative and compassionate environment and our status as an industry leader in diversity and inclusion. We are committed to the communities we serve and operate as a growth-oriented business.
AMN is a competency-focused organization, and the exemplary candidate for this role will encompass the following core competencies: Organizational agility, managerial courage, strategic agility and a drive for results.
AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation. AMN Healthcare provides access to the most comprehensive network of quality healthcare professionals through its innovative recruitment strategies and breadth of career opportunities. With insights and expertise, AMN Healthcare helps providers optimize their workforce to successfully reduce complexity, increase efficiency and improve patient outcomes. AMN Total Talent Solutions include managed services programs, clinical and interim healthcare leaders, temporary staffing, executive search solutions, vendor management systems, recruitment process outsourcing, predictive modeling, language interpretation services, revenue cycle solutions, credentialing and other services. Clients include acute-care hospitals, community health centers and clinics, physician practice groups, retail and urgent care centers, home health facilities, schools and many other healthcare settings. AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. For more information about AMN Healthcare, visit www.amnhealthcare.com.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Clinical Services, as the Director, Clinical Operations - Crisis Response, you will step into a key leadership role where your primary areas of responsibility will encompass the following functional areas:
Focused on clinical oversight and internal process improvement for strikes and work stoppage within several major clients: HealthSource Global (HSG), Nurse Choice (NC) and Kaiser MSP. Primary responsibilities will include candidate qualification, orientation, and onboarding across several regions. We will look to you to improve engagement for on-assignment collaboration for clinician performance management and performance evaluation process.
Leading a team of 5 Clinical Managers (as well as an additional group of up to 20 independent, contracted per diem professionals) in support of service excellence to clients and clinicians by coaching and managing the team level performance, in addition to contributing individually towards strategic initiatives that impact the quality of healthcare professionals: fill rate, revenue, profit and risk exposure. You will serve as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers and serve as a sales partner to educate customers on our labor disruption and rapid response staffing services.
Responsible for streamlining and consolidating education requirements and credentialing across various regions for Kaiser and HSG clients. You'll collaborate internally with HSG leaders and AMN clinical contacts with a focus on driving synergy through policy and procedure alignment, development, and adoption of AMN standard requirements.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, you will also support the Sr. Director with ongoing AMN clinical project work, handle the escalation management for Kaiser and HSG contacts, participate in committees, build interdepartmental relationships, and manage ongoing implementation and contract review and management.
More specifically, your key job responsibilities will be to:
- Allocate Clinical Manager (CM) resources to adequately address Client/HP service needs and to accommodate fluctuations in territory size and team member schedules.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client contacts in order to maximize service excellence and improve issue resolution.
- Deliver business presentations or other formal communications to Clients and/or internal business partners.
- Facilitate CM problem solving on critical escalations by providing insight and guidance above the Policy and Procedure guidelines.
- Perform and interpret internal audits of CM work to recognize and plan for opportunities to improve.
- Conduct regularly scheduled 1:1 meetings with team members to assess work performance, inform, plan and to motivate and inspire; address and coach performance issues with team members.
- Facilitate Individual Development Plan (IDP) process with direct reports in order to support personal, professional and business growth.
- Take a leadership role in approving exceptions to standard guidelines for core functions (application review, reference review, conviction and license disciplinary review).
- Provide direct/ primary support to Clients/Clinicians in travel nurse, allied, pharmacy, local staffing, HealthSource Global, and Rapid Response across the country.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Clinical Operations process, managing medium to large scale projects and developing and delivering training.
- Maintain the clinical aspects of HSG/AMN V2 computer system in conjunction with IT; job descriptions, disciplines, skills checklist, and other clinical qualification documents as necessary and appropriate.
AMN HEALTHCARE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITY AND FEMALE APPLICANTS TO APPLY