Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Your LinkedIn profile can be used in completing your application should you prefer not to use/have access to your resume. Take note that you will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn credentials to use this feature if not already signed in.
Your journey to building a better world starts here!WHO WE AREWe help our customers deliver products that have a profound impact on people's lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an impact as we support products used in the fight against COVID-19.We're a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service. As an employee of Plexus, we are committed to keeping you safe with newly implemented precautions such as virtual interviews, staggered start times across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, temperature screenings as you enter our facilities and requiring all employees to wear masks.We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate, career opportunities. Whether you're looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world. WHY YOU WILL LOVE ITEngaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork. HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: Responsible for establishing and maintaining direction to all operational personnel within a focus factory in order to ensure customer and operational commitments are fulfilled, customer satisfaction retained and to enable customer growth. Participates in development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Ensure the materials teams are well-educated to the applicable elements of their respective customer's contract (i.e. LOI, PSA, MSA, etc.) and are compliant with respect to those elements. This includes ensuring the respective materials teams are adequately adhering to all elements related to Plexus liability management (i.e. OIX reporting and resolution).
- Understand site and customer financial metrics, especially the impact of parts contribution, materials overhead, inventory levels, and OIX on Plexus financial performance. Collaborate with site and regional management to ensure financial objectives (including days of inventory), OIX, and other metrics are adequately managed and demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Manage, control and direct the activities of all personnel engaged in Site Tactical Materials support (i.e. Purchasing, Scheduling, Shipping, Inventory Control) that contribute positively to customer satisfaction. This includes but is not limited to: Develop, implement and manage policies and procedures necessary to ensure adequate controls are in place for the effective execution of purchasing and scheduling within the site. Develop, implement and manage policies necessary to ensure world class inventory control and shipping functions. Partner with Finance and Accounting to ensure cycle counts are maintained and reported in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Provide customer support to sales group by representing materials in sales presentations and periodic customer meetings and interactions, including but not limited to potential customer visits, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Accountable to execute on Plexus' Best People strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- Identify and drive Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives within their market sector of manufacturing operations.
- Serve as a Customer Interface for existing and potential customers to support continued organic growth. Establish executive level relationships within the customers' internal management and become an SME on the customer and respective Market Sector.
- Manages resources within the Manufacturing Operations to optimize labor contribution for the customers' operational strategy.
- Provides ability to take prompt and appropriate action to size the labor force in order to achieve customer deliveries and deliver labor contribution to the organization.
- Drives initiatives to deliver sustained quality improvements.
- Assures training of personnel and adherence to procedures, work instructions, and assembly build instructions.
- Leverage and drive best practices for the Operations between regions
- Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 25%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; a Graduate degree is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and guidance to members of the Operational Unit management team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership qualities, computer literacy, electronic industry knowledge and ability to supervise.
- Develop a passion for customer commitment by influencing members of the Operational Unit to effectively implement customer strategy.
- Proficiency and demonstration of the Plexus Values and Leadership Competencies.
- General office equipment and materials.
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be \\"U.S. persons.\\" \\"U.S. persons\\" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..