Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Senior Bridge Engineer
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our team in Woolpert's Dayton, OH office.
If you are detail-oriented engineer with a strong work ethic and interest in complex design problems, then this is the job for you. Our transportation team is expanding and we are looking for individuals who want to take the next step in their career and work on challenging and diverse projects. Familiarity with consulting for public works projects and state and local design practices is a strong plus, and you must have a strong interest in solving multifaceted technical problems. Our staff routinely works on projects from a variety of state, municipal and private clients, and attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required. Our current projects include everything from small culverts to large, complex geometry, structures and independent problem solving will be a key to success.
- Structural/bridge design and detailing
- Guidance for lower level staff and plan/calculations checking
- Preparing proposals and task assignments
- Coordination on projects and assisting project managers
- Computer aided drafting and design (CADD)
- Checking quantities and cost estimates
- The successful candidate will be charged with overseeing design tasks and expected to solve problems with minimal supervision, but with strong mentoring and guidance. Woolpert puts a heavy emphasis on mentoring and career growth and we will work with you to develop your career under the guidance of experienced staff.
- ABET Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required. Master's Degree with a structural focus is a plus.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Ohio is required (PE in other states preferred).
- 8-10+ years of experience in bridge, structural, and transportation design.
- Familiarity with ODOT or AASHTO requirements is required.
- Proficiency in MicroStation and GeoPAK and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Background working with programs like Merlin Dash, the Bentley LEAP Suite, and finite element programs such as MIDAS, MDX, and StaadPro.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).