Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
If you're looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Environmental Engineer or Scientist in our contaminated site assessment and remediation practice in Kennesaw, Georgia you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? You can expect to work on a diverse array of complex contaminated site projects throughout the U.S., including projects for municipal, commercial, and industrial clients, on a variety of environmental issues including transactional support, groundwater and surface water assessments, contaminated site characterization and remediation, and regulatory compliance. Additionally, the work may involve litigation support to law firms.
Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Fieldwork such as site inspections, soil, surface water, and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight, conducting aquifer pump tests, and remediation treatment system operation and maintenance;
- Performing contaminated site remedy evaluation, including preparing feasibility studies, remedial action work plans, remedy design, and remedy implementation;
- Environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permitting;
- Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Analysis, interpretation, and management of environmental data using applicable data management/spreadsheet, statistical, and graphing computer applications; and,
- Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you kick-start your career. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 40% (majority located within the Southeast)
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in science (geology, hydrogeology, or geochemistry) or engineering (environmental, chemical, or civil). (required)
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. (preferred)
- Geologist in Training (GIT) or Engineer in Training (EIT) and ability to obtain professional certification (P.E., P.G. or equivalent). (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one year of related work experience or prior internship experience in environmental consulting. (preferred)
- Prior research experience in contaminated media or remediation technology. (preferred)
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Access, Modflow, and/or EVS. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handle multiple project assignments, meet strict deadlines, and travel to client facilities. (required)
- Excellent technical writing skills for environmental applications. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting:
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting: .