Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
A TOWN WHERE EVERY DETAIL, FROM VISION TO EXECUTION, MAKES LUXURY SEEM SIMPLE.
From the moment one views the iconic butteries and towering palms lining the center of our beach town, there is an unrivaled sense of escape. Alys Beach is carefully crafted to celebrate the public realm of streets, parks, pedestrian paths, and great civic buildings in a manner reminiscent of the world's most beloved seaside towns. In recognition of the strong draw of the sea, our streets orient to the beach, guaranteeing views to the Gulf and cooling sea breezes.
Alys Beach is a groundbreaking community located along the Gulf of Mexico on Florida's panhandle coast, six miles east of Seaside on Scenic Highway 30A. Planned by Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company, Alys Beach is a Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) whose architectural vision has its roots in the style of Bermuda architecture and in the courtyards of Antigua, Guatemala, the colonial capital of Central America.
Alys Beach is in the early stages of town building. Our purpose is to evolve along with your family, maintaining the timeless traditions of sustainability and the highest standards of design and construction. Come join us in creating a special place to live, visit, relax, and play.
Alys Beach is seeking a Construction Compliance Assistant to support the Construction Compliance Manager in monitoring residential and commercial construction throughout Alys Beach. This position is located at Alys Beach, Florida and works directly with the Construction Compliance Manager and Security Team.
- Provides onsite mediation and guidance regarding Alys Beach Approved Builder Guidelines
- Enforcement of Alys Beach parking and neighborhood polices
- Reports safety and security risks to manager
- Patrol entire property or assigned area with a focus on construction sites and develop professional relationships with General Contractors, site supervisors, and sub-contractors
- Assist with coordination of construction operations for street closures and traffic disruptions
- Ensure construction workers are in compliance with Alys Beach parking rules
- Ensure construction sites are complying with established construction hours
- Report illegal activity or rules violations to appropriate law enforcement authority or regulatory agency
- Provide Construction Compliance Manager with reports/documentation of Alys Beach Construction Guidelines violations and safety issues
- Provide assistance to Alys Beach Security Department as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Understanding of residential construction practices
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to work longer than a normal shift, weekends, holidays, and special events
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong problem-solving skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Position requires standing/walking for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour for construction
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a professional demeanor when confronted with resistance
- Prior military, law enforcement, or security experience
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office products
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law..