Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Mechanical Design and drawing creation for the Roman Space Telescope Coronagraph Instrument (CGI) as part of the Mechanical Thermal Subsystem (MTS), as outlined in the statement of work (SOW) below. The MTS element is responsible for the mechanical and thermal architecture of CGI.
1) Provide CAD modeling task support and data management task activities as directed utilizing UGNX version 1915 and Teamcenter Unified Architecture version 12 for parts and assemblies with required metadata.
2) Incorporate new requirements into existing designs as required after interacting with Analysts and Vendors requiring modification to meet Vendor or Analysis needs, above and beyond the design iterations already incurred due to iterative Engineering revisions based on study results.
3) Create an assembled CAD model of an assembly level configuration consistent with defined interfaces, volume, and geometry from prior efforts. Provide subsystem inputs to system level configuration and ensure model integrity, model updates, and verify model consistency with no interferences or unacceptable close clearances in the system configuration.
4) Generate system level drawing products of the system and subsystem configuration. Such drawing products will include interface drawings, layout drawings, assembly drawings, and installation drawings as required by the subsystems and by the system configuration.
5) Support Mechanical Configuration lead in system level products including updates system configuration layout CAD products.
6) Provide engineering concepts, engineering drawings, and usage documentation for various new scope tooling and test fixtures.
Extensive CAD applications experience using Unigraphics NX 1915 and Teamcenter Engineering tools in a concurrent modeling environment. Please clearly indicate the approximate number of hours of such experience and nature of such tasks for proposed candidates. Previous engineering drawing design documentation experience including documentation for form, fit, and function using ASME Y14.100 and ASME Y14.5. Extensive design optimization experience for complex mechanical designs. Understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in performing detail configuration trades for aerospace hardware design optimization. Knowledge and application of industry practices and standards in detailed and assembly drawing release and model control of a major subsystem element. Previous experience with JPL/NASA prefferred.
Typical office work.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program..