Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Bedford Coop Inc-10405
This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.
Operates box trucks, pick-up trucks, flat beds, and/or other vehicles to transport merchandise between SSC facilities and customer farms, production sites, and residences. Delivers, handles, loads and unloads a variety of packaged merchandise, including: seed, fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products, as well as feed, farm supplies, equipment, and/or plant material. Performs minor repairs and general maintenance on delivery vehicles to ensure good operating condition. Depending upon location, may also perform customer support, inventory management, and/or merchandising functions. Effectively operates a forklift and other industrial equipment. Commercial Driver's License not required.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare merchandise for delivery. Verify receipts or load documentation and inventory availability. Inspect items for damage prior to loading. Merchandise varies by location, and products may include: seed, fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products, as well as feed, farm supplies, equipment, and plant nursery items.
- Utilize forklifts, pallet jacks and other equipment as well as proper manual lifting techniques to load and unload boxes, bags, pallets, bulky items, equipment, and/or plant material on to and off of delivery vehicles.
- Safely operate SSC box trucks, pick-up trucks, flat beds, and/or other motorized vehicles. Deliver merchandise to customer farms, production sites, and residences in accordance with SSC polices, DOT regulations and local traffic laws. Maintain an on-time delivery schedule. Vehicles may vary by location.
- Represent SSC in a positive manner through professional and courteous communication with customers. Review shipping documentation, product information, and account details with customers during deliveries.
- Confirm future delivery needs with customers. Assess whether companion products or additional equipment and services may be useful. Make genuinely helpful recommendations and identify opportunities to sell additional merchandise or services.
- Perform minor repairs and general maintenance to keep vehicles and equipment in good working condition. Regularly update vehicle maintenance logs. Notify supervisor of vehicle and equipment service needs to ensure timely repair or replacement.
- May also perform the following functions depending upon division, location, and business need:
- Provide prompt and courteous customer support. Assist customers with locating merchandise, lifting and accessing products, filling orders, and loading merchandise into their vehicles. Verify invoices to ensure proper merchandise and quantities are loaded. Effectively secure loads.
- Receive merchandise deliveries according to established procedures. Unload pallets, boxes, bulk, and/or large items utilizing proper equipment (forklift, front-end loader, skid loader, pallet jack, etc.) and manual lifting as appropriate. Count and verify accuracy of delivery by comparing to purchase orders and reviewing shipping documents. Inspect items for damage or defects. Notify supervisor immediately of shipping errors, damage to materials, and product quality issues.
- Safely move merchandise throughout the facility utilizing proper equipment, including manual lifting. Perform full pallet put-away, accurately storing merchandise in warehouse racking or other designated locations. Manually stack down mixed pallets, sorting merchandise for storage or showroom replenishment.
- Assist facility team members in taking physical inventory according to established guidelines.
- Perform showroom replenishment. Safely move merchandise to the showroom utilizing proper equipment and/or manual lifting. Stock merchandise ensuring shelves and displays are neatly faced and organized and that items are accessible to customers. Perform recovery according to facility procedures.
- Reconfigure store shelving, build endcaps, and assist with creating merchandise displays. Read and interpret merchandising diagrams (plan-o-grams).
- Perform regular inspections of forklifts and other industrial equipment according to facility guidelines. Identify and report maintenance needs to supervisor. May assist with maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Fill propane cylinders. Operate all propane-related equipment according to established procedures and safety protocols, and in compliance with training and licensing requirements.
- Perform lawn care, snow removal, painting, and a variety of other general maintenance assignments as determined by location needs.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties according to facility procedures to ensure a neat, clean and welcoming environment.
- Work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers and property, co-workers, equipment, or merchandise. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment and vehicles according to SSC policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Area of Interest
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Requires six (6) months of work experience operating delivery vehicles (box trucks, pick-up trucks, flat beds, and/or other vehicles) and/or performing warehouse functions, with demonstrated customer service skills and a valid driver's license. Requires experience operating industrial equipment including forklift. Previous Southern States work experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled