Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
*Primary Location: *195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USA
*Division: *Cox Automotive
*Job Level: *Manager/Senior Manager
*Shift: *Day Job
*Requisition Number: *202000651
Cox Automotive Consumer Brands is looking for a talented and passionate Manager of User Experience to lead a team of interaction designers responsible for creating outstanding experiences for Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book. Our interaction designers are tasked with leading research with consumers and clients to inform the creation of flows, wireframes, and low-resolution prototypes. As an inspirational team leader, you must have excellent product design and research stills and an enthusiasm for creating an environment where professionals can deliver their best work. You will also sit on a cross-functional team to set the vision and drive priority of new work. The Cox Automotive work environment is highly collaborative and requires excellent communication skills and a keen ability to build and foster strong partnerships through an open and transparent working style.
This position can be based in either Irvine, CA or Atlanta, GA
* Lead and mentor a team of interaction designers, ensuring delivery of high quality, consistent research and design deliverables, including flows, wireframes, and low-fidelity prototypes
* Develop competencies, conduct employee performance reviews, and help set goals with the team to foster and encourage career growth
* Assist UX Director with resource planning and ensuring the highest quality and accuracy in design team deliverables
* Ensure design team is gathering feature requirements from product leads and applying the correct user testing and validation methods for deliverables
* Ensure design team can translate user research, market research, and live-site test findings into world-class design solutions
* Partner with the rest of the UX leadership team to define and enforce consistent design processes
* Actively participate on cross-functional team to set vision and priority of upcoming work, leveraging a strong understanding of the business while advocating for the needs of our end users
* 5+ years of experience creating wireframes, page flows, site maps, and related design documentation for consumer-facing experiences
* 2+ years of experience conducting UX research and using findings to inform design deliverables
* Experience designing for digital media experiences (web, mobile, apps, etc.) using user-centered design practices
* Experience directly or indirectly leading UX resources; management experience a plus
* Knowledge of current UX design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent leadership skills and desire for continuous growth
* Attention to detail and follow-through on completion of tasks
* Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to work on concurrent projects and quickly prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities
* Bachelor s degree in Information Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience required; Master s degree a plus
* Proficiency with Axure and Sketch preferred
* Experience working in an agile environment a plus
Who We Are
*About Cox Automotive*
There s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
*About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. We ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions Cox Communications and Cox Automotive are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.