Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Geosyntec is seeking a creative Marketing Assistant with superior writing skills and Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat (pdf) skills to assist and coordinate the development of top-tier marketing materials, competitive proposals, and presentations for our Columbia, Maryland office. The selected individual will work collaboratively with staff throughout the Southeastern United States in support of overall marketing efforts.
Ranked by Engineering News Record in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will primarily focus on performing marketing and sales support activities including but not limited to the following:
- Gather and input data relating to tracking of sales and proposal efforts, projects, resumes, skills and experience matrices, and other market/industry data as needed;
- Coordinate the gathering, and regular updating of staff resumes, project summary sheets, and qualifications materials;
- Create informational graphics that communicate and simplify the understanding of complex regulatory, institutional, and scientific processes;
- Develop, locate, and gather visual elements for proposals and presentations;
- Work collaboratively with the Branch Proposal Coordinator; liaison with marketing staff across regions;
- Assist in events / conference support (e.g. industry conferences and trade shows, practice group conferences, receptions, open houses, etc.);
- Assist with the production, printing, photography, and other support for marketing materials while ensuring compliance with copyright laws and authorized use of visual aids;
- Ensure all documents are proofread for accuracy to include consistent formatting, style, and grammatical correctness;
- Ability to write / rewrite copy for inclusion in correspondence, collateral marketing materials, and presentations conforming to prescribed style and format; and
- Provide administrative support for marketing efforts including proposals, general marketing correspondence, and government forms.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School diploma or GED. (required)
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in communications, English, marketing, journalism or related field. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism or print media. (required)
- Experience in the engineering/environmental consulting industry. (preferred)
- Proven experience assisting with preparation of qualifications, proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials. (required)
- Ability to write/rewrite copy. (preferred)
- Demonstrated writing skills, including ability to craft a story in a compelling manner. (required)
- Advanced proficiency in the use in of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop. (required)
- Illustrator, and InDesign and database software. (preferred)
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. (preferred)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, maintain constant attention to detail, and be skilled in working both collaboratively and independently to perform effectively under tight deadlines. (required)
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills. (required)
- Ability to adapt to different communication styles and in a fast-paced work environment. (required)
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team player attitude. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting .