Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Blue Shield of California's
Leadership and Organizational Development team focuses on programs that develop
great leaders from within. We also own the employee engagement strategy and
execute the measurement that tells us how we are doing to achieve our goal of
becoming a great place to do meaningful work. We take becoming a great place to
work very seriously at Blue Shield of California and believe that providing a
great employee experience translates into a great customer experience. Our
people leaders all have annual goals related to how they intend to make Blue
Shield a great place to work.
As the Senior Manager, Employee
Engagement, you will be focused on all aspects of our annual employee
engagement survey: creating and driving our employee engagement strategy,
deploying the survey, analyzing and communicating results, and action planning
with stakeholders. You will report to the Director of Organizational
Development and Learning.
the Senior Manager, Employee Engagement, is accountable for:
Owning the strategy and implementation
of our employee engagement survey. Leading the small team that supports the
execution of all survey phases.
with key stakeholders to identify, design, develop, implement, and enhance
employee engagement phases, processes, tools and technologies, including
survey strategies, execution, stakeholder readiness, analysis, and
results. Gaining alignment on proposed changes to existing processes with
thought leadership by integrating research on best practices, formal
training and applied experience in human resources, employee engagement
and organizational development to business opportunities at Blue Shield.
a pulse on enterprise-level business needs, synthesizing insights to
inform a strategic point of view and applying that perspective to make
recommendations and design solutions related to employee engagement.
monthly executive team presentation materials to deliver employee
engagement survey results and provide action planning updates throughout
- Understanding the voice of the
employee, conducting employee focus groups to capture the concerns of
employees and recommend solutions, and designing processes and
opportunities with the employee in mind.
- Partnering with Internal Communications
to implement employee engagement communications strategy and
employee focus groups.
- Building and maintaining
relationships with HR Business Partners and key internal clients to
support effective sharing of research insights, survey results data, and
analytics with the business.
- Partnering with Talent
Analytics to develop, maintain and monitor employee engagement related dashboards
- Driving on-time, on-target, and on-budget implementation of
programs, project and initiatives; keeping all relevant parties apprised
of developments, progress, and other key information with the highest
- Taking responsibility for
working on an organizational system to improve it; you communicate,
collaborate, and integrate efficiently and effectively on multiple
objectives and priorities.
- Managing relationships with external vendors and internal
Blue Shield teams and project manage the review of vendors that provide
consulting/professional services or technology solutions (including
initiating and driving the review by Blue Shield of California IT,
contracting, sourcing, and legal teams).
Researching employee engagement
best practices and keeping abreast of new of employee engagement vendors.
Candidate Profile and
Project management: Experience
managing complex projects with aggressive timelines; demonstrated ability to be
organized and show attention to detail, meet deadlines, and keep everyone
informed of project status in a proactive way.
Thought leadership: Demonstrated
ability to bring strategic and innovative thought to established practices,
programs, and processes.
Relationship building: Thrives in a
collaborative environment and has a proven record of excellent stakeholder
management. Ability to successfully engage with all leaders from executive level
to individual contributors.
Team leadership: Experience leading a team of
direct and indirect reports to achieve shared goals and meaningful outcomes.
Self-directed, can make progress with limited
information or direction and can be agile and flexible.
analysis and communication: Experience working with
quantitative and qualitative data; deriving the \\"so what\\" from the
findings and have the numbers tell a concise, accurate, and relevant
Growth mindset: Passion for
learning and self-development and continually seeks out feedback.
Consultative mindset: Ability to
understand customer needs, ask the right questions, conduct root cause
analysis, and use data to develop a point of view.
Results orientation: Demonstrated
ability to handle multiple competing priorities with the ability to drive for
results. Quick learner who can come up to speed quickly and use experience and
judgment to make progress.
Judgment: Demonstrated ability to exercise
Vendor management: Has
successful experience managing vendors and specific knowledge of employee
Minimum of 10 years of broad experience in the human resources and organizational development field. At least 3-5 years of experience in survey design and development and employee engagement.
1-3 years managing a team of direct reports. Experience managing indirect reports (matrix or informal) preferred.
Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in related field (e.g. Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Our Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws,