Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
Role and Responsibilities
Provides C-5 aircraft systems/operational procedures instruction; classroom and simulator aviation instruction and/or practical environments training. Assist as Subject Matter Expert, as required. May provide additional services such as courseware review and other additional administrative and/or collateral duties such as publications, safety, quality audits, FCIF, scheduling, and other duties as maybe assigned by the Program or Site Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides Pilot procedures instruction in classroom and simulator environments.
- May assist with the development and updates of training devices.
- Assists as a Subject Matter Expert in the development of curriculum for new type courses, and review of existing lessons and/or changes to existing lessons.
- Provides suggestions to improve and update training policies and procedures.
- Promotes a positive attitude towards learning and embracing new technologies and tasks.
- Performs diagnosis and remediation of student performance issues.
- Assists in project and development work as assigned.
- Performs administrative duties such as student record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality assurance, safety, and security.
- Must be physically able to enter simulator, and take cognizance of student's safety when on board the simulator.
- Must maintain proficiency in operation of Aircrew Training Devices.
- Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the customer attendees.
- Must acquire and maintain proficiency in all areas of instruction, to such a level as to be able to pass standardization checks, classroom evaluations, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Qualified as a C-5 AMP/C-5M aircraft commander with 1000 hours of C-5 flight experience, and shall be graduates of a formal instructor course, or have been a prior C-5 instructor pilot with 200 hours of instructor experience. AIR REFUELING (AR) instructors shall be previously C-5 AR Instructor qualified.
- Competent Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who is also trained in the methodology of instruction.
- Proficient in evaluating, diagnosing, and critiquing student performance, identifying learning difficulties, recognizing objectives not accomplished, and prescribing and conducting remedial instruction.
- Capable of identifying and resolving course/lesson deficiencies.
- Capable of inducting new students into the system, purging old students, generating performance reports, and fielding random queries regarding student's progress and performance.
- Ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
- Strong facilitation, and data analysis skills required
- Ability to participate in periodic aircraft familiarization flights.
- Must acquire and maintain proficiency in emergency procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work any shift or day of the week as required.
- Applicant will be subject to a US Government investigation for access to classified information and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain/maintain the required security clearance
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in office, classroom, and simulator environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Work in a complex military training environment; communicate and maintain/submit required actions and reports by company, government and personal computer devices, plus current telephone and fax devices.
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock and from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
- Must be able to sit in normal instructional type aircraft chair, lift hands above head and reach controls as necessary.
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.
- Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in simulator and classrooms.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under machinery.
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
- Domestic and international travel as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
On Call (Fixed Term)
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of