Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
TransPower is looking for a Test and Validation Engineer who will work in the Vehicle Validation and Calibration group, mainly focusing on in-vehicle function tests originating from the user perspective. Testing will be largely based in Escondido at TransPower’s facility. Could require travel to other places such as OEM proving grounds with especially extreme operating conditions within and possibly outside of the USA. Transportation Power LLC (TransPower) based in Escondido, CA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Meritor Electric Vehicles based in Troy MI.
• Design End of Line (EOL) test procedures for production vehicles as well support more custom validation and calibration activities on advanced and/or experimental vehicles
• Perform system testing of Class 6 and Class 8 commercial vehicles including tractors, refuse trucks, school buses, and yard tractors
• Responsible for execution of vehicle testing in labs (chassis dyno, climatic wind tunnel), proving grounds and public roads
• Work together with component owners, suppliers, HIL and System test groups to define overall vehicle test strategy, test requirements
• Troubleshoot overall vehicle issues and support workshop activities and repairs
• Implement automated testing, data analysis and test reports generation
• Up to 30% domestic and international travel required
• B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience using Model Based Controls Software in Matlab/Simulink
• 4 or more years of working experience on electric powertrains with strong knowledge of battery systems, charging, diagnostics management, thermal management, etc.
• Experience in system integration with software testing and validation
• Proficient in use of measurement, data analysis, calibration and simulation tools such as Raptor Dev/Cal, INCA, Canalyzer
• Self-organized, solution oriented and good communication skills
• Experience in High Voltage Safety Standards and safety work procedures
• A Class A or B CDL (or be eligible to attain one)
• Experience with automated manual transmission validation