Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other's strengths and sharing in successes.
This is a union, grade 3 role.
Responds to Denti-Cal beneficiary requests for provider referrals; confirms with dental offices their availability to receive new Denti-Cal patients; researches provider and claims files in an effort to place beneficiaries with providers.
Due to COVID-19, training for this role will be remote, lasting 4 weeks. Candidates must have their own personal computer and remote internet access as Delta Dental cannot provide any technical equipment to complete this training. How you will make an impact:
- Responds to requests for provider referrals, requests for history, claim/TAR status, and various other types of calls.
- Contacts dental offices to request or confirm participation in the Denti-Cal Referrals program; prepares Referral Variance Log for PMF updating.
- Researches provider and claims files and makes \\"cold\\" calls to place beneficiaries with providers.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
What we look for:
- Position requirement: a personal computer and remote internet access.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year call center/customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to pass position Telephone Service Center Clerk Grade 3 test and typing test of 20 WPM
- Effective PC and keyboarding skills to efficiently handle incoming inquiries and research to ensure proper documentation is completed within the telephone inquiry at the time of the call.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- PC and keyboarding skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle constant customer contact/forced workflow distribution.
- Interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Strong Organizational/Time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to prioritize and follow through on tasks/assignments.
- Ability to continuously meet/exceed department standards.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to absorb and retain detailed information.
- Ability to apply reason to evaluate and respond to the needs of each contact.
- Ability to complete training requirements.
- Ability to respond to requests by customers in a professional and positive manner.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to manage stress.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks during emotional interfaces with customers. Benefits and perks:
- 10 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- 100% paid health insurance premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as \\"remote,\\" the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let's chat. We would love to tell you more!
Follow us , ,
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we're all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation's largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire. .