Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Account Manager - Packaging
Mac Papers, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
About the Organization
At Mac Papers, our employees set us apart. We have built our reputation on having bright, collaborative, honest and authentic people. They are key to who we are and how well we perform. If you're the best at what you do, we want you.
We believe taking care of our employees is essential to our growth. Mac Papers offers the following advantages and benefits to our employees:
- Salary + Commission positions
- Hourly pay positions with overtime after 40 hours
- Direct deposit
- Paid time off and 8 annual paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Voluntary supplemental benefits
- Bonus program
Mac Papers is one of the largest merchant distributors in the Southeast. Mac Papers takes pride in being a family-owned and -operated business that has built a longstanding tradition of stability, integrity, innovation and solutions to growing our company.
Account Manager - Packaging
Mac Papers - Miami, FL
Responsibilities include traveling to client locations to create solutions, guide and advice for the sale of Mac Papers' packaging items. Account Managers must work to maintain existing business while also finding new sales leads, through business directories, client referrals, etc.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
Identify and develop prospective customers in the packaging industry
Develop and execute a territory business plan
Identify customer packaging needs and successfully recommend value added solutions that will improve processes and profitability
Collaborate with equipment and consumable suppliers to target, assess, present and close business
Participate in product and sales training
Develop customer business relationships from ownership/management to the floor\
Provide timely communication and unmatched customer service
Work effectively with customer service and operations departments
Perform administrative duties, such as budgeting, reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Work with local credit managers and GM's to open new accounts from credit standpoint
- Develop customer business relationships from ownership/management to the floor
- Stay informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitive landscape
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts and retain business
- Review and analyzes reporting, including special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data
- Work effectively with location management and sales team
Proven track record delivering on defined sales objectives
Packaging sales experience preferred
B2B consultative sales experience with successful track record of sales and territory growth
Strong interpersonal skills, time management experience and a self-starter
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Competitive, self-confident and growth oriented
Strong oral and written communication skills
Full product and specification understanding of packaging consumable products
Ability to effectively utilize order entry systems and respond to emails
Must have a valid driver's license
2-4 years of experience in selling to businesses a plus
4 year Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent experience
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger; operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 lbs.
Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to drive repeated throughout the work day including stopping and entering/exiting various customer establishments.
- Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyst and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new information or skills, perform highly detailed on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interaction with managers, staff, customers.
- Employees work under typical office conditions, but due to travel/driving responsibilities will be exposed to weather and typical driving conditions.
Number of Openings
Mac Papers Inc
This position is currently accepting applications.