Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Technical Process Analyst
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Technical Process Analyst, in conjunction with the Commercial Operations Manager, is the Operations relationship owner with Home Office CI UW on assigned lines of business and systems. They are responsible for driving operational success for new or changed systems and products, as well as, supporting regulatory changes for assigned lines and systems. The TPA collaborates with UW, IT, OGC and others (CSSC, etc) for validation/rationalization of workflows and processes, including ROI and efficiency impact, to support successful operations implementations. The TPA is accountable for creating, implementing and maintaining associated workflow and process documentation, and field communications.
The TPA also acts as a coach and mentor to team members providing training and guidance on complex projects to insure the analyst’s and project, success. The individual will be required to engage and collaborate with LOB UWs, OGC, PST, L&D, Field Operations and Operations Center’s throughout project life cycles to collaborate on analysis and findings, and communicate impact of, changes. Influencing to support coordination and communication with these partner areas is a key factor to the success of the TPA in supporting Commercial Operations team and business directives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the writing, updating and documenting of workflows as a result of system/product changes, new system or products and Underwriting Strategic initiatives, for all assigned Lines of Business. Analyzes, documents and clearly communicates Operations impact to Underwriting and others, in Home Office, the field and Operations Centers. Responsible for clearly articulating field impact to Home Office partners, in order to ensure the most efficient process is built to support business work efforts.
· Responsible for analyzing upcoming Underwriting or regulatory changes, including business requirements documentation, for potential process changes; and for translating these requirements into workflow, role/responsibility and/or procedural changes.
· Acts as SME to underwriting and related IT, OGC and other departments in the development of business and technical requirements regarding design components impacting operations processes.
· Subject matter expert (SME), trainer, and coach to more junior Commercial Operations staff as needed.
· Responsible for the development and documentation of workflows and processes, and field communication content. This includes creating new documentation, and maintaining existing Commercial Operations owned content
· Responsible for support of assigned lines of business, systems and projects post implementation until stable state of assigned deliverables is reached and can be assimilated into traditional production support areas.
· Analyzes and resolves escalated Branch problems, coordinating associated activity through various areas (IT, OGC, BRC, CSSC etc) as needed, providing the Branch with a timely updates through resolution.
· Works with the Production Support areas ( BRC etc) to analyze and address trends related to assigned lines of business, recommending action steps and facilitating communications (both production problem communications and general knowledge documentation ) as needed.
· May be assigned as a Project Leader on larger operations deployments.
Competencies and Experience:
· Commercial Operations experience or equivalent experience.
· Strong knowledge of field organization and integration of systems into Branch processes.
· Strong knowledge of multiple commercial insurance products, transaction processing flow, and systems functionality.
· Experience and demonstrated skill in designing and documenting processes and workflows and in developing communications.
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to achieve results within and across diverse organizational units and disciplines, while developing and maintaining positive working relationships.
· Good negotiation skills with ability to influence the priorities and actions of other people and departments.
· Strong sense of individual ownership and accountability.
· Ability to multitask many projects and responsibilities to ensure progress is occurring to meet the business needs. Ability to follow-up with other Commercial Operations and other areas to ensure credibility is built within the Commercial Operations department as a value-added service provider.