Posted in Other 18 days ago.
Under minimal supervision and with a high degree of expertise, direct worldwide corporate environmental, health and safety (EHS) affairs by leading, developing and implementing strategies to: (1) address ever-changing complex EHS laws and regulations to achieve and maintain compliance; (2) minimize risk of injury and illness to associates, visitors and neighbors and to achieve the corporate goal of zero lost time injuries; (3) achieve the desired position of leadership in EHS worldwide by anticipating future trends and assuring management systems are in place to address trends; and (4) assess and minimize liability associated with environmental contamination and legal exposure
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develops, monitors, and assesses worldwide EHS metrics on a regular basis and presents performance along with actions to drive improvement.
• Ensures EHS management systems are developed and implemented in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
• Drives the Company to a position of worldwide EHS leadership and continually improves performance.
• Establishes and ensures EHS objectives are included in the business planning and performance management processes.
• Leads worldwide EHS activities and directs management and oversight of EHS program of Torrance plant.
• Leads and demonstrates the value of a safety driven culture. Coaches, mentors and recognizes employees that demonstrate and improve the culture of EHS.
• System administrator and subject matter expert for Pelican’s data management platform.
• Conducts regular safety and risk assessment walk-arounds and identifies opportunities to improve safety by creatively developing and implementing appropriate solutions.
• Conducts EHS audits of locations worldwide to assess compliance with laws, regulations and Company standards. Ensures action plans are implemented timely while driving sustainable corrections.
• Develops and oversees master calendar for EHS training and ensures completion according to schedule. Ensures job training programs, safety checklists and materials are in accordance with ISO guidelines.
• Conducts accident and injury investigations and coordinates with employee’s department management to correct and prevent similar future incidents.
• Assesses EHS issues associated with acquisitions, dispositions and closures which may include identifying and defining potential liabilities, estimating costs and making recommendations.
• Actively participates in EHS committees through industry associations and networking groups to obtain and evaluate information on future environmental management practices and programs.
• Prepares proper paperwork and tracks all injuries from date of incident through claim closure, including but not limited to, modified work status, claims management and invoicing. Interfaces with insurance carriers to ensure prompt closure of claims and reasonable establishment of reserves.
• Prepares and attends workers’ compensation proceedings, including hearings, depositions, unit stat review meetings and renewal presentations.
• Prepares annual EHS report detailing the performance of Company.
• Assesses and develops talent to create a high performing EHS team. Provides oversight to the structure, content and objectives of safety teams worldwide.
• Collaborates with Human Resources, Product Development, Facilities, Operations, Security, etc. to ensure EHS aspects are appropriate and considered as a critical part of the Pelican business.
• Actively supports Pelican’s Quality Objectives and contributes to Quality Management System activities as assigned.
• Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years’ experience working with EHS issues in organization(s) of similar scope, size and complexity.
• Must have strong occupational health experience, specifically in ergonomics and human factors.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards to include reporting requirements, machinery guarding and plant compliance.
• Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, persuasion and presentation skills and be detail oriented.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Must have the ability to resolve EHS issues in a timely manner.
• Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels, as well as have the ability to engage, inspire, influence people.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Environmental Professional (CEP).
• MBA degree.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.