Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
Location: Marriott Indianapolis
Ensure the smooth operation of the Starbucks Coffee outlets. Assist Starbucks Manager with achieving good results in sales, profit, service and associate satisfaction while ensuring excellent guest service.
• Oversee department in the absence of department manager. Assist in supervising associates; maintaining a friendly, efficient, and appealing environment for associates and customers.
• Assist in the selection, orientation and training of new associates, and reinforce a successful performance by providing respectful and encouraging coaching. Provides feedback to manager on performance during shift.
• Oversee staffing levels and makes adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor models. Ensure associates are following their schedule.
• Ensure associates have knowledge of menu content and menu prices. Demonstrate suggestive and up-selling techniques when interacting with guest.
• Ensure associates accurately complete daily checklists, and organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
• Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance, resolves routine associate issues and communicates them to the manager.
• Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis. Develops positive relationships with associates by understanding and addressing individual motivations, needs and concerns.
• Ensure all operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security are followed, to ensure the safety of all associates during shift.
• Ensure cash management and cash register policies and proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
• Assist with conducting Rex and Rap sessions with associates.
• Complete inventory and ensures proper inventory levels of food, beverage, paper, glassware and silverware are maintained. Submit and approve requisitions as needed.
• Submit daily/weekly tips and other payroll related reports as needed.
• Conduct and participate in daily, weekly, monthly meetings as required.
• Practice safety standards at all times and keeps the property safe for guests and fellow associates.
• Ensure security and confidentiality of all guests, hotel information and materials
• Follow METS guidelines to report equipment malfunction and maintenance issues.
• Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
• Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics.
• Ensure County/City/State Department and Starbucks' health code standards are consistently met.
• Complete weekly schedule to ensure proper coverage
• Complete weekly frozen food orders to ensure proper product availability
• Adjust food pars as needed to meet demands
• Assist manager in maintaining quality levels through monthly quality assurance surveys
• Assist with successful roll-out of new products
• Participate in monthly meetings with district manager
• Assist manager and participate in interviews
• In absence of manager, issue proper documentation for violation of attendance policy
• Communicates effectively
• Conflict Management
• Team Building
• Customer Service
• Judgment decision making
• Ability to direct the work of others
• Ability to learn quickly
• Effective oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn and use technical equipment (e.g. espresso machine)
• Ability to build relationships
• Ability to provide quality customer service
• Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy and safe working environment
• Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and MICROS register system
• Ability to reconcile all cash and currency
• High Scholl Diploma/GED
• One (1) year of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
• At least one (1) year of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees
• Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear
• Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and able to focus on distant and close-range objects
• Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages