Posted in General Business 17 days ago.
ROLE: Wealth Planning & Advice-Wealth Planner-Executive Director
The U.S. Wealth Management (USWM) business is part of the Consumer and Community Banking line of business and is focused on helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals. It is comprised of a branch-based wealth management business (Chase Wealth Management), a non-branch-based wealth management business (J.P. Morgan Securities) and You Invest, our digital investing platform. The combined business has ~$400 billion in Assets under Management and ~4,000 advisors located across 3,500 branches and 21 offices.
Wealth Planning & Advice is a group of experts in trusts & estates, tax planning, and planning in related areas for individuals and their entities (operating businesses, private foundations, etc.). Our role is to work with advisors and their clients to educate them about wealth planning opportunities both simple ( e.g. , asset titling, beneficiary designations) and complex ( e.g. , GRATs, split-interest trusts). We provide intellectual capital to clients across the wealth continuum and will work on-on-one with clients in appropriate circumstances.
The role works collaboratively with field leadership, Practice Management (and Goals-Based Planning) to provide wealth planning advice to clients and prospective clients and education and training to advisors. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of trusts & estates and individual tax rules (primarily transfer tax, although income tax knowledge is a plus). Familiarity with the taxation of entities and of estates and trusts is also useful. Knowledge of issues relating to securities-based compensation (restricted stock, employee stock options, performance share units, etc.), pre-liquidity planning, and concentrated position management (such as 10b5-1 plans, derivative-based transactions, and exchange funds) will also be a plus. Ability and desire to mentor younger Wealth Planners will also be a critical component of the role.
To be successful in this role the individual will need a deep understanding of tax and trusts & estate laws and must be able to communicate that knowledge in a simple, non-technical way, both to communicate with our clients and also to communicate to our advisors and field leadership. The successful individual should approach clients with a goal-oriented approach; to that end, the individual will need to learn about the various products and platforms (investment, banking and lending) available to our advisors across USWM in order to identify issues and opportunities to engage with clients.
The individual will partner with field management to solidify regional strategies and subsequently advise the field on how to execute on the strategies. The successful candidate must demonstrate a natural curiosity for people as well as planning and for the wealth management industry overall, must demonstrate independent initiative and must be responsive. The successful candidate must also be willing to mentor more junior members of the team.
- Work with divisional leadership and WP&A leadership to develop content across different wealth management topics
- Serve as a resource to the USWM field in the areas of both simple and sophisticated tax and trust & estate planning strategies as well as in concentrated position management, corporate executive services, and pre-liquidity transaction planning
- Partner with field leadership and Practice Management to integrate estate and tax planning concepts into goals-based advice
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of both federal and state tax laws relating to our areas of focus
- Promote J.P. Morgan's knowledge and sophistication to outside centers of influence, primarily accountants and attorneys
- Work with Advisors to develop business opportunities with new and existing clients
- Provide unbiased comprehensive and customized wealth planning advice to clients and prospective clients
- Must be comfortable working with individuals across the entire wealth spectrum and have experience with tax and wealth transfer strategies; familiarity with financial planning, investments, corporate executive issues and concentrated stock management is a plus
- Active participant in team discussions to proactively propose planning ideas and industry trends that can be shared with the field
- Mentor junior team members
- Travel to branches, as needed
o 4-year college degree and either J.D. or LLB
o 8+ years of practice as a trusts & estates or tax lawyer
o Self-starter with natural curiosity for individual planning and people
o Excellent attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills
o Strong team player with a predisposition to service function
o Ability to drive business results with broad background in trust and estate planning issues
o Senior level individual that is a strong self-motivator who can work closely with Advisors without daily contact with a direct manager
o Strong presentation skills in one on one and group meetings
o Experience and ability in understanding clients' financial situations and personal circumstances
o Must be able to coach colleagues, Financial Advisors and clients (very strong partnership skills)
o Individual with high ethical standards who never sacrifices integrity and works in the clients' best interest
o Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
o Series 7 & 66 required (may be fulfilled within 6 months of assuming role)Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans