Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
Highbridge Capital Management is seeking an Associate for our Risk and Portfolio Construction group. This team is responsible for managing all aspects of Highbridge's risk management frameworks and controls, as well developing new innovative tools and approaches to add value to the investment process. As a key member of the group, this person will help manage existing risk processes and technology, partner closely with other groups within Highbridge to deliver excellent risk transparency to internal and external stakeholders, and take an active role in developing commercially valuable solutions for the investment team.
This Associate will play a vital role in developing and supporting our risk management approach. They will develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the firm's investment platform and technology, and will help support business growth through advancing risk and portfolio construction frameworks. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Perform regular and ad hoc quantitative analysis on the fund's risk and performance for internal needs
• Oversee the day-to-day risk management oversight and portfolio construction frameworks.
• Build new stress scenarios in response to changing market dynamics
• Develop new tools in Python to support existing and new business initiatives.
• Partner with the Business Development and Investor Relations team to create timely analysis to support business growth
• Become subject matter expert on the firm's risk models and provide transparency to key external stakeholders
• Use subject matter expertise to provide guidance to separate Technology resources in project work
• Opportunity to grow into responsibility for supporting and enhancing critical C# investment team tools
• Undergraduate/Masters degree in a quantitative area; Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics etc.
• Between 3 and 7 years of total work experience, ideally in investment banking or asset management
• Working knowledge of Python and SQL, experience with or desire to learn C# a plus.
• Ability to perform statistical analysis on large data sets to support specific commercial goals
• High intellectual aptitude; ability to develop a deep understanding of complex investment products
• Keen interest in a risk or portfolio construction role
• Ability to work effectively within a high-performance, global team
• Entrepreneurial, energetic and dedicated personality.
About Highbridge Capital Management
Highbridge Capital Management, LLC is a global alternative asset management firm founded in 1992. Since its inception, the company has developed a diversified investment platform that includes hedge funds, traditional investment management products, and committed, closed-end vehicles with longer-term holding periods. Highbridge is a differentiated, credit focused franchise with the flexibility to invest opportunistically across the capital structure and liquidity spectrum. The Firm currently manages $2.5+ billion of capital for some of the world's most prominent institutional investors, public and corporate pension funds, endowments, foundations and family offices. The firm is based in New York with an office in London.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans