Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
You must provide you Journeyman Electrician card/certificate for consideration, or show the same level of skilled trade status.
This is an hourly position in a unionized setting and individuals must be willing to work all shifts and weekends, as required.
To inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust and maintain all electrical equipment in the plant. Makes mechanical repairs to cranes, and as otherwise required in connection with electrical service.
1. Receives instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done. Answers signal for electrical maintenance.
2. Inspects all electrical equipment in the plant, checking motor bearings, lubrication, commutation, excessive vibration, obvious signs of wear or need for adjustment, etc. When faulty operation is observed or pointed out by operating crews, diagnose trouble using testing equipment or own judgment based on general knowledge of electrical principles.
3. Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production.
4. Advises when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
5. Interpret and analyze drawings and wiring diagrams to locate and trace electrical circuits to determine material and replacement needs and to select a logical approach to "trouble shooting" and repair problems.
6. Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates electrical equipment taking all safety precautions.
7. Adjusts equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics.
8. Makes either temporary or permanent repairs as required to equipment, such as main motor drives, generators, control panels, relays, interlocking control systems, electronic devices and circuit breakers.
9. Makes mechanical and electrical repairs on cranes, makes mechanical repairs as required in connection with the servicing of electrical equipment.
10. Erects scaffolds and performs simple rigging as required.
11. Operates small machine tools, such as drill press, power saw, etc.
12. Checks air compressor for proper operation. May start, stop or adjust compressor.
13. Occasionally may operate crane as required to check condition or to make miscellaneous lifts in the absence of the crane man.
14. May make emergency, minor mechanical repairs in the absence of other maintenance personnel.
15. Occasionally performs simple burning or welding pertaining to his work.
16. Occasionally may install conduit in connection with electrical maintenance.
17. Maintains clean and orderly working area. Cleans up after repair or installation is completed.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, Pension, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires