Posted in Admin - Clerical 10 days ago.
FAMILY HEALTH WEST
Performs medical transcription for the facility and medical staff.
1. Drug Screen
2. Physical Therapy Screen
3. One-step Tuberculosis Screen
4. Background Check
1. Transcribes all incoming department dictations which includes physicians’ history and physical exam reports, discharge summaries, emergency room reports, hospital and nursing home progress notes, pre-operative and operative reports, radiology dictations, and consultations as requested. Also transcribes dictations from Social Work Department, Dietary, and Physical Therapy. Copies and distributes all dictated reports to appropriate departments and Medical Records.
2. Maintains logs reporting dictations received and transcribed.
3. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. Involves people and helps them to invest their personal commitment.
2. Develops strength between units and peers.
1. Requires confidentiality regarding patient records and medical information.
2. Requires confidentiality regarding employee information.
1. Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Excellent spelling and keyboarding skills (type a minimum of 70 words per minute).
3. At least one year experience as a medical transcriptionist is preferable.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
1. Requires ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
2. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
*Potential for repetitive stress injury secondary to prolonged keyboarding.
Close vision capability (clear 20 inches or less)
This job requires a moderate noise level (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic, etc.).
See job description