Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You'll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.Warehouse Operator
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The warehouse is where all incoming and outgoing bagged and other packaged type feeds and ingredients are received, handled, stored, and shipped in a manner as to preserve product quality, integrity and comply with GMP and safety requirements.
As a Warehouse Operator, you will be a valued team member who will perform tasks essential to our Animal Feed warehouse operations: coordinate inbound/outbound deliveries, pack and load product using a forklift, organize storage areas, assist with cycle counts, and maintain a safe, clean work area. Warehouse Operator is a labor-intensive job which processes work orders in the warehouse by manually selecting the correct products from the racks, palletizing them and delivering the merchandise to the dock secured and shrink wrapped for delivery in a safe and efficient manner.
HOURS: 8:30am- 5:00pm
• High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum General Requirements:
• 6+ months of previous work experience - manufacturing/warehouse experience is preferred.
• Ability to safely lift objects weighing up to an average of 60 pounds.
• Ability to keep legible records
Essential Job Functions :
• Ability to learn and consistently apply all applicable OSHA and Plant Safety and Quality procedures.
• Adheres to all Warehouse Policies and procedures to assure proper storage and handling of feed products.
• Maintain proper appearance of the package, this is based on the perception of the customer.
• Maintain proper rotation of stock (First product in must be first product out)
• Consistently follow Shelf life guidelines
• Warehouse must be kept neat and clean at all times. Must meet desired sanitation standards to prevent avian, insect and rodent infestation of the facilities.
• Adhere to handling procedure for torn or damaged product.
Competencies(skills, knowledge and abilities):
• Ability to read, write, comprehend, and follow verbal and written instructions with knowledge of basic arithmetic.
• Decision-making ability and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with co-workers.
• Knowledge of company computer equipment & systems.
• Ability to recognize unsatisfactory production and take corrective action.
• Ability to pass a forklift training test.
• Understanding of the importance of meeting customer, statutory and regulatory requirements
• Ability to maintain loading documents and final documentation into the required Business Operating System,
• Provide accurate inventories of feed products and ingredients
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
You may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
WAGE RANGE SALARY: Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.