Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
Acts as a member of the surgical team who primarily functions in a scrubbing capacity. May assist in circulating duties in the surgical suite.
1. Maintains aseptic technique while providing a quiet environment in the OR suite, respecting the dignity and privacy of the patient.
2. Shares in OR suite preparation. Uses and maintains specialized equipment and supplies used for specific surgical procedures.
3. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon to expedite the procedure.
4. Utilizes surgical instruments and knowledge of the step-by-step sequences for surgical procedures.
5. Assumes shared responsibility for proper handling of surgical specimens.
6. Assists in training and orientation of new employees.
7. Follows CMS conditions of participation.
8. Participates in room turn over and assists in Central Sterile duties.
9. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
A graduate of an approved school of surgical technology or program accepted by the Association of Surgical Technologists required.
National certification as a surgical technician required.
Currently Registered with the New Hampshire Board of Registration for Medical Technicians
Prior OR/ ASC experience preferred.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: