Responsible for the primary decontamination, assembly, and sterilization of all surgical instrumentation and supplies.
- Assesses and prioritizes instrumentation to ensure surgical sets are clean, sterile, and complete.
- Conducts quality control checks on instrumentation for function, defects, breakage and overall general condition.
- Assembles kits, sets, and packages per content/count sheet.
- Works with the Team Leaders to communicate concerns regarding instrumentation.
- Communicates content/count sheet and instrumentation discrepancies to CSR Leaders.
- Expands knowledge of specialty instrumentation and other services, becoming proficient in General Surgery instruments and three additional Pod areas.
- Reports any suspected equipment malfunctions to a Supervisor, Team Leader, or Lead Technician.
- Operates all sterilizers. Performs tests on sterilizers and maintains sterilization records.
- Assembles case carts for surgical procedures.
- Acts as a preceptor for other employees. Assists in educating, and acts as a resource to other employees.
- Assists in the rotation of stock and out of date supplies. Folds towels, restocks supplies, distributes supplies, and wraps basins.
- Unloads instrument and cart washers, dries and puts away items. Reports any suspected equipment malfunctions to a Supervisor or Team Leader. Supports team in operating all washers.
- Assists the department with restocking supplies, clearing Decontam window, unloading elevator, replenishing racks, and breaking down of cases carts.
- Replenishes trash carts to the OR.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment that comes from the floors, endoscopes, and surgical instrumentation.
Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Prior CSR experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Must engage in self-study to obtain a certification in a Central Service Technician program and obtain a CBSPD certification or equivalent.
- Must maintain certification.