Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
To provide and coordinate all tasks associated with patient services including but not limited to patient scheduling (student assignments) through completion of comprehensive treatment plan. Serves as the link between patients and the clinic.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Assists with the completion of the patient scheduling process to ensure optimal efficiency in clinic operations and resources while maintaining the institution's standards of customer service and quality patient care. Responsible for monitoring and expediting clinic flow.
2. Assist the student provider with management of patient compliance including executing correspondence to terminate the patient for non-compliance of keeping scheduled appointments. Will ensure quality patient care in relation to the patients prescribed diagnosis, treatment, and other directives from health care providers and/or administrators.
3. Provides patients with pertinent information regarding their schedule and the preparations needed for ancillary appointments.
4. Applies Health Information Management (HIM) skills associated with an electronic patient record (EPR) and picture archive computer system (PACs) for revenue cycle management and chart audit purposes.
5. Supports the process to resolve patient relations issues associated with student providers which may include assisting with patient of record emergency triage and coordination of emergency treatment plus clinical treatment.
6. Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
7. Will advise patients/family members of available services and use appropriate customer service skills when interacting with co-workers, patients, patient family members, and internal/external customers.
8. May assist with the organization of clinical orientations throughout the year.
9. Responsible for the coverage for the patient services telephone line and walk-in patients on a rotational schedule.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of procedures and medical terminology appropriate for assignment.
Logical and mathematical aptitude.
Advanced knowledge of patient privacy regulations such as HIPAA, The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) and student privacy regulations contained in Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years of related experience which includes healthcare and administrative support. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215