Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
Position provides both electrical and mechanical maintenance, corrective maintenance, fabrication, assembly and installation activities for the Plate Mill Maintenance Department. The primary focus for this position maintains all Plate Mill manufacturing and support systems in an operational and safe condition. Tasks include both electrical and mechanical preventative and predictive skills to perform safety inspections, prevent and minimize equipment downtime and problem solving mechanical systems.
• Read, understand and follow all standard operating procedures, safety rules and regulations.
• Diagnose basic AC motor problems, either replace motor or replace bearings.
• Diagnose basic DC motor problems, replace brushes, clean commutators, and fields.
• Clean, lube and perform preventive maintenance on motors, fans and machinery/equipment.
• Fabricate parts, tools, and project assignment.
• Cutting, welding, and grinding. Flat vertical welding of mild steel.
• Learn basic hydraulic and pneumatics.
• Assist in repairs to machinery/equipment, buildings and utilities.
• Diagnose basic problems on power distribution systems under 750 volts.
• While performing daily rounds detect faulty operations and defective equipment.
• Diagnose, record and remedy trouble as necessary.
• Learn basic milling operation and process needed to keep plate on gauge and finish within specification.
• Learn basic casting operation and how to change platens on box sets, mechanically change casters and set them up.• Ability to successfully pass the Electrical/Mechanical Repairperson Accelerated Assessment Test at Electro-Mechanical Apprentice B or A cut score.
• 2 years heavy industrial maintenance experience performing both electrical and mechanical repairs/troubleshooting, which includes working with and troubleshooting PLC's, AC motors and frequency drives, DC motors and drives, 480 volt three-phase equipment, hydraulics, molten metal furnaces, mechanical drives, bearings, piping and tubing, welding and fabrication. (Provide detailed resume outline experience in both trades). OR
• Advanced Technical Degree (Associate in Specialized Trade in Electrical/Mechanical field); (Provide copy of Diploma with resume) OR
• 2 years Military experience in a mechanical/electrical field (Provide copy of official MOS with resume)
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy weights up to 50 pounds.
• Must own personal tools
• 3 years heavy industrial Electro-Mechanical maintenance experience
Minimum Education Required
High School or GED