Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
Senior Financial Analysts (SFAs) act as subject matter experts within their specific capability of One Finance. SFAs are involved in financial planning, performance management, decision support, and financial accounting. Key responsibilities include financial analysis and partnering with key functional areas across the organization, including: product management, operations, engineering, sourcing, category finance, marketing, controllership, and supply chain. The role requires strong business acumen and the ability to build and utilize complex financial models. They are responsible for delivering clear, insightful analysis and recommendations within business scenarios. These roles actively participate in identifying opportunities and collaborating to identify solutions. SFAs also provide guidance and financial leadership to the team.
• Insights & Business Acumen: Research financial variances, trends and financial and operational drivers to prepare advanced presentations and reports that articulate clear recommendations to leaders.
• Technical Skills: Demonstrates a dependable level of skills / knowledge required for the job, including:
o Finance: Experience reviewing and analyzing P&Ls, revenue, margin, gross profit, SG&A and knowledge of financial concepts (WACC, Payback, IRR, etc.)
o Accounting knowledge
o Familiar with using Financial Systems (MAPP/TM1/IBM Planning Analytics, SAP BusinessObjects (BOBJ), Hyperion Essbase/SmartView, etc.)
o Excel: Very comfortable writing formulas and creating flexible, detailed, accurate spreadsheets and ad-hoc modeling
• Business Partnership: Ability to collaborate with cross-functional business and finance partners and communicate models and underlying assumptions clearly to effectively influence decision making
• Ad-hoc Analysis: Ability to drive various types of analysis across different business categories
• Self-Development: Committed to continuously expanding own skill set by taking charge of creating and pursuing own development.
• Process Improvement: Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and recommend solutions, gain consensus and execute implementation.
• 1.5+ years of work experience in a Finance or Accounting capacity
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
• Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field.
• Demonstration of leadership and strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• High level of ethics, integrity, judgment, discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion without explicit direction or detailed instructions