Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
Under direct supervision responsible evaluating, analyzing and reconciling mutual funds and separately managed funds to determine the Net Asset Value (NAV) on a daily basis and for the production of client month-end reports.
• The analyst will assess the impact of investment manager trading activity on the investment portfolio returns and option market values and will also audit income postings, accruals, and corporate actions all within scheduled time frames.
• The analyst will be responsible for performing exception resolutions of cash, holdings reports and price variances and also any activity in the investment accounts.
• Determine Net Asset Value (NAV) for defined contribution plans on a daily basis.
• Evaluate and reconcile funds including mutual, benchmark, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports for daily valuation.
• Analyze the impact of transactions, income positions, accruals, and corporate actions on the portfolio investment options.
• Audit and resolve exceptions on assigned accounts according to procedures and within scheduled timeframes.
• Assist in the timely preparation of reports and financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and performance standards.
• Record and respond to partner and client inquiries resolving exceptions related to accounts.
• Value funds on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
• Provide client portfolio and 5500 reporting.
• Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Bachelor's degree in Business preferred or relevant work experience in Fund Accounting or Mutual Fund Accounting.
• 1-2 years of experience in Fund or Mutual Fund Accounting.
• Basic knowledge of accounting, finance and securities, usually obtained through business related coursework and/or prior related experience.
• Analytical skills and organizational skills are required to research and resolve inquiries within scheduled timeframes to meet client deadlines.
• Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills are required to value the funds in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to absorb information quickly, work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy is critical.
• Strong Excel skills and usage of a Macro/Access is a plus.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.