Aptean, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is proud to have a drug-free environment. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation, parental status, and other legally protected characteristics.
General Job Summary
The Customer Advocate (CA) role is a key contributor on the Renewals team. The Customer Advocate will proactively initiate the annual renewals process and drive all phases of the renewal lifecycle. This includes leading the renewal sales process with key stakeholders by facilitating the preparation, delivery and negotiation pricing options, revising assets, obtaining quote/PO approvals, and filing appropriate paperwork.
As the lead of the portfolio renewals process, the CA reports directly to the Global Renewals Manager. The CAs role is to drive and manage the renewal pipeline. Additionally, the CA works directly with the Renewals Analyst (RA) to ensure timely and efficient renewals processing, while working cross-functionally with Business Leaders and Account Management to solicit updates and feedback on deliverables related to renewals processing closures.
The CA is also expected to gain a understanding of their customer base's pain points and how Aptean can bring them additional value and modernize their business by utilizing the Sales & Support Team and identify internal opportunities where applicable.
The CA will assist in negotiating and evaluating Customer requests to the wider business as well as advocating our Aptean Value Proposition and the business to our Customers and Channel Partners.
We have customers all across the world and in multiple European countries, such as UK, Sweden, Denmark, France, Netherlands, etc. so a second language would be desirable.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization and a good understanding of the other business functions; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways and utilize business resources to deliver success. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, entry to mid-level position.
Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates excellent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise and gather a good understanding of process, value propositions and customer sectors.
Supervision: Should be able to work independently and utilize the resources around the business to deliver results. Expected to be responsible for a selected territory and to take part in reports and review meetings with the Renewals manager as well as other business leaders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as first POC for all renewal related customer inquiries that come thru the customer support line, via email or the Aptean ticketing system.
· Works closely with the Renewals Analyst to ensure all renewal lifecycle milestones are met and that accounts are updated appropriately when opportunities are lost.
· Manages and initiates the negotiation process in conjunction with the business leader to bring successful closure to all renewals and facilitate resolution on all quote rejection matters. Account management and other business functions will provide support as necessary
· Work cross-functionally as required with business partners in sales, legal, finance, etc. to resolve issues raised by customers or partners related to services renewals
· Ensure all maintenance renewal activities are tracked, data auditing is conducted, and defined processes and systems are followed.
· Take ownership of their product lines or assigned accounts as well as supporting the wider team and share best practice.
· Seeks to learn the relationships with the customers/partners assigned to them with regard to their contracts for maintenance and support, ensuring good communications and high customer retention
· Provide feedback to further define internal Renewal Operations processes
· Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. Aptean reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Typically an entry to mid-range (1-3+ years of experience) in Sales or Renewals or Account Management or a similar customer-facing role. Customer Service and Project Management experience a plus. A European second language would be desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Motivated, goal oriented and able to work independently
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to credibly present recommendations at senior levels in the organization and external customers.
· Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis
· Requires the ability to acquire an understanding of the general functions of other divisions and their role in assisting with Renewals
· Experience in working with and understanding contracts and legal negotiations is a plus.
· Competence with reporting and information management tools, including MS Office Suite and CRM information management applications
· Demonstrable experience in a role involving 'critical thinking': i.e. ability to analyze issues, make decisions and problem solve self-sufficiently, without requiring ongoing direction setting. Pragmatic decision making where exceptions are required
· Identifies and communicates improvements
· Understand Business requirements and support change and policies internally and externally.PI128772042