Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disabilities Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job ID 2021-8574 Posted Date 2021-01-13 SECURITY CLEARANCE NONE # Positions 1 Experience (Years) 0 Category Quality
At Elbit Systems of America (ESA), we spend our days working on exciting and meaningful innovative solutions that protect and save lives. From providing solutions for our warfighters and commercial pilots, to providing lifesaving medical instrumentation and homeland security technologies, the employees of Elbit Systems of America understand the value of their work and why we do what we do each and every day. We are looking for extraordinary people to join us in making a difference in the lives of others.
We are currently recruiting for a highly talented Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer -- but we are looking for more than an impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we're pretty confident you'll love it here.
1. Test software products for stability, usability, precision, accuracy, and reliability. Formulate and maintain test strategies; creating test plans and test cases for regression and functional testing of software products.
2. Work directly with the project team members, including software engineers, during key points along the software development process. Utilize the principals of the software development life cycle throughout the entire QA process.
3. Participate in product meetings throughout the development process to help guide the delivery of a quality product.
4. Utilize project planning and monitoring methods to ensure timely project completion.
5. Report problems via the defect tracking system Analyze, research, and track software defects through their resolution. Verify code fixes and sign off on resolutions.
6. Analyze test results and prepare SQA summary reports.
7. Establish and improve the SQA process/procedures.
8. Identify and recommend Software Quality Assurance testing tools and required equipment to; develop software test suites, implement automated test cases with a focus on functionality, performance, code coverage and regression testing; report software problems, verify fixes and review user documentation.
9. Ensure that software used in the development and manufacturing of medical devices is in accordance with 13485, the QSR, and the KMC Quality Procedures.
10. Mentor less experienced members of the Software QA team.
BS in Computer Science or related field wit h 5 or more years of related experience. Able to work in a fast-paced, independent and team-based environment. Must be detail-oriented individual with solid organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate well with both technical and non-technical people. Knowledge of Risk Management and Risk Analysis process. Good understanding of QA processes and methodologies in a software development environment. Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle. Experience with a version control system (i.e. CVS), Defect-tracking and automated testing tools. PI128772361