Progeny Systems Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job DescriptionSeeking an entry- or mid-level software engineer to join a team responsible for developing cybersecurity software for the US Navy submarine and surface fleet. This team is responsible for software development and resolution of integration issues, both in a laboratory environment and onboard U.S. Navy submarines and ships. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in developing readable, maintainable software. Successful candidates will possess a trained eye for detail, will be reliable, and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop new software components in C++ and Java
• Develop containers using Docker and Dockerfiles
• Integrate COTS and GOTS tools, including: anti-virus, auditing, intrusion detection, application whitelisting, and network firewalls
• Perform thorough unit testing of software components to prepare for integration in a larger system
• Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
• Research, identify, and evaluate new technologies for adoption by the Navy
Skills/RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience developing containers using Dockerfiles
• Experience deploying containers to Kubernetes
• Experience writing YAML
• Professional experience developing software with C++
• Familiarity with some or all of: Java, Python, or Bash a plus
• Experience working in a Linux environment
• Background in cybersecurity development, research, and best practices is useful, though not required
• Prior experience with Submarine BYG-1 development a plus
• Experience developing Kubernetes sidecars a plus
BS in Computer Science or similar degree
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions: • Prolonged stationary periods at a desk • General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc. • Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times • Effectively communicate with others • Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail. • Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at email@example.com or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)PI128772593