This job requires some standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time. Must be able to push, pull, and lift objects greater than 25-50 pounds. Occasional (
The expectation is primarily day shift, however as an exempt level position additional hours will be required as needed to perform job duties.
UK Healthcare is seeking a Manager of Health Policy and Government Initiatives to manage health policy and government program analysis as well as guide government program planning and implementation for the enterprise. This position will analyze government laws, rules, regulations, policies, processes and health programs; advise senior management and staff on policy related issues and provide recommendations for action; and coordinate relationships and communication with relevant national and state-level associations related to national and state health policies and programs.
In addition, the Health Policy and Government Initiative Manager will manage the development and distribution of a variety of policy communications (e.g., impact statements, policy summaries, presentations and talking points) in coordination with internal teams, external partners, associations, and government entities; direct and implement governmental programs and initiatives in support of the various clinical, research, and educational missions of UK HealthCare; develop and manage processes to successfully achieve program requirements, milestones and deliverables; and develop and promote effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within and outside of UK HealthCare.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communications skills and experience. Candidates must have be proficient and have experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Masters or other advanced degree preferred, along with 5 years experience with health policy and government programs, including Medicare/Medicaid laws, regulations, and policies
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Please describe an example of a time you provided strategic health policy guidance surrounding a pivotal organizational initiative. (Open Ended Question)
* Please choose the answer that best describes the years of work experience you have in a regulatory analysis role?
More than 0, up through 1 year
More than 1 year, up through 3 years
More than 3 years, up through 5 years
More than 5 years
* University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
* University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
* Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)