The shift for this position is 3p-11:30p, Mon - Fri with variable weekends shifts.
- Receives soiled or contaminated supplies and instruments from patient care areas.
- Determines the best method of cleaning, wrapping, and sterilizing a variety of medical and surgical instruments, equipment, and needles.
- Assembles surgical instrument trays and pans and delivers sterilized items to the operating room.
- Assembles special procedure trays for such complex surgeries such as open heart, transplant, major orthopedic surgeries, neurosurgical, laparoscopic, and spine surgeries.
- Uses computer to scan PIC tickets on instrument trays and case cart protocol.
- Properly operates cleaning and sterilization equipment such as washers, sterilizers, sonic cleaners and cart washers.
- Restocks prep areas with supplies and takes inventory of sterile instrument pans and trays.
- May retrieve contaminated equipment, supplies, trays, and instruments from patient care areas for cleaning and sterilization.
- May collect needles and sharp containers from O.R. for proper disposal.
- Monitors all sterilization equipment by testing and recording indicators.
- Assists in training staff in the identification of surgical instruments and individual pans.
- Prioritizes assignments and adjusts work flow to meet the most important needs.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in sterile processing environment.
- Registered as a Central Service Technician.
- Some experience with computer software.
- The ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.