Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.Job Description
Nemours is seeking a Unit Clerk- PICU to join our team in Wilmington, DE. This position is casual non benefitted rotating 12 hour shifts, 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am , with weekend and holiday rotation.
An individual who will assist with general activities of the patient care unit and assist the patient care team with performance of patient care activities, under the direction and guidance of a Registered Nurse/Patient Care Coordinator.
1. Ensures an adequate stock of all necessary equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels.
2. Ensures a clean and safe patient care unit.
3. Assists patients with activities of daily life (bath, feed, play, etc.) and provides other patient care as directed.
4. Assures all supplies are accurately charged.
5. Contacts pharmacy, dietary, and other departments as designated by the Registered Nurse/Patient Care Coordinator.
A. Education, Training, and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Minimum of one year of patient care experience preferred.
3. Previous Cardiac Clerk experience preferred
B. Other Requirements:
1. Able to obtain specimens, including blood specimens, from a
patient population that is primarily pediatric and often ill,
handicapped, or restricted in some way.
2. Able to read and write accurately. Must be able to understand
laboratory orders, computer information, and some medical
CPR certification with the American Heart Association Required
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.