Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through
youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the leadership of the Membership Director, in
accordance with the Christian principles of the YMCA, the incumbent is responsible for delivering excellent
service to all members, guests, and program participants.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of
strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all.
We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your
individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are
nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else,
we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Partner with the branch management team to standard operation procedures (SOP's) and all systems
that support branch membership, program and marketing objectives.
2. Enter membership and program registration data into operating system.
3. Greet and engage with members and ensure all guests and program participants have been verified in
national sex offender registry before entering branch.
4. Process all transactions with accuracy and perform daily shift close out.
5. Ensures established processes for touring and following up with membership inquiries are followed.
6. Be proficient in delivering a Cause Driven Tour as well as providing additional training for other team
7. Provide feedback and offer solutions regarding gaps in service and/or member concerns.
8. Respond to inquiries and problem solve via phone or in person using Listen First skills.
9. Effectively handle conflict and member complaints, with the support of the center Membership Director
10. Ensure Membership Service Associates are complying with membership policies, engaging with members
and program participants and providing quality service in person and over the phone.
11. Assist Membership Services Director with training new staff.
12. Must work at Welcome Center to maintain in-depth working knowledge of YMCA systems, standard
operating procedures (SOP) and program updates.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V