Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Do you enjoy helping people learn and understand complex techniques? Do you want to move away from bench work yet still use your technical troubleshooting skills?
As an in-house Technical Applications Scientist of Illumina products and applications, you will provide technical advice and troubleshooting assistance focusing on experimental design, sequencing library assay support and troubleshooting. As a key member of the AMR Service and Support Team, you will also assist in the development and improvement of key commercial processes to ensure that Illumina provides its customers with world class technical support. Flexible work schedule in early morning is desirable. Illumina is growing rapidly and offers excellent opportunities for career development.
· Professionally and efficiently answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming phone, email, and in person requests for assistance from customers
· Provide technical guidance regarding Illumina's products to existing and prospective customers
· Assist customers with the design and selection of assays/probes for custom products by utilizing in-house resources, and public and private databases
· Provide customer feedback to marketing and product development teams
· Develop, write and publish technical documentation and training materials to educate external and internal customers
· Ensure key performance metrics, including customer response time, issue resolution time, and departmental efficiency, are met or exceeded
· Promptness and courteousness are musts
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require additional task and responsibilities.
· Ph.D., M.S, or B.S. with 3+ years relevant lab experience in molecular biology, genetics or related field
· Familiarity with molecular biology protocols such as PCR and DNA quantification techniques are required
· Excellent written and verbal communication a must
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
· Demonstrated training or teaching experience
· Demonstrated ability to perform well working in teams
· Customer support experience highly desirable
· Bilingual a plus
· Willing to travel up to 10%At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf