Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
The Business Project Manager will be aligned to a portfolio of Projects in the Service Operations Solution Delivery organization. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to lead and deliver projects from this portfolio into the Service Operations organization.
The individual will be responsible for managing large sized, multi-functional projects to delivery. They will be responsible for managing scope, schedule, resources, and to deliver the required capabilities on time and within budget while appropriately ensuring the business is ready and risks are mitigated. This individual must demonstrate strong project management behaviors, such as: Drive the development and maintenance of project plans, management of key stakeholders, ability to monitor progress against goals, timely escalation and mitigation of barriers to success and providing Responsible for leading large complexity projects or large components of complex projects impacting multiple business units or an operational unit.
• Work within a highly matrixed team, establish complex plans and drive plan execution to completion
• Develops detailed project plans including cost, schedule, and resource requirements
• Champions organization's project management methodology, tools, and techniques
• Consults on project planning and management of high-risk, high-impact projects.
• Ensures integrity of original business case is maintained and any adjustments are communicated and understood by all key stakeholders
• Identifies risks and vulnerabilities, and creates contingency plans
• Partner and lead programs across a broad spectrum of Business Verticals
• Direct a broad range of functions in support of policy/process improvement activities in a matrix environment
• Ensures projects/intake requests are integrated with other business and related projects.
• Ensures projects/intake requests are completed within committed time and budget
• Mentors and trains junior PMs
• Provides services benchmarking and industry comparative analysis support
• Represents the business during the portfolio funding process, communicating funding decisions and gaining buy in from business partners and IT on business funding prior to allocations taking place
• Establishes change control process
• Able to identify key stakeholders and gather needs
• Large – impacting multiple business units or an operational unit (>5 - 10MM)
• High - Development of new capabilities or product with enterprise impact
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related work experience or 9 years of related project management experience strongly preferred.
• Previous experience indirectly leading a team in a diverse matrix organization.
• PM Certification (PMP, MPM, etc.) strongly preferred in addition to Agile Certification/Scrum Master/Product Owner Experience
• Fluent Microsoft Office skills – PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, etc..
• Demonstrated strong relationship building and team integration skills
• Must be able to shift comfortably between micro and macro, desk level discussions, and senior leader report-outs
• Strong change leadership skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to drive results in uncertain and/ or ambiguous environments
• Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.