Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Responsible for performing psychosocial patientsscreenings and assessments and implementing the psychosocial plan of care for psychiatric and/or chemical dependent to ensure the patient has sufficient resources and support services.
Education: - Must have a Master's Degree in Social Work.
Experience: - Prefer three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency setting.
Certification/Registration/Licensure: - Must be licensed by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
- Must have SAMA certification, level 1-4 or obtain within 30 days of hire or placement into the job. Must have SAMA certification before first clinical orientation shift.
- Prefer Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). - Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 60 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross
o Military Training Network Current incumbents as of February 14, 2018, will be given sixty (60) days or until April 15, 2018 to obtain certification.
Skills or Special Abilities: - Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population of patients, medical and nursing staff and community agencies both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of community agencies and services available for the special needs of assigned patients. - Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors. Scope of Practice:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Social Work Practice Act, Occupations Code, Chapter 505, to include the application of social work theory, knowledge, methods, ethics, and the professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or bio-psychosocial functioning of individuals, couples, families, groups and/or persons who are adversely affected by social or psychosocial stress or health impairment.
- Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, conditions and addictions, including severe mental illness, in adults and serious emotional disturbances in children.
- Utilizes Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), and other diagnostic classification systems in assessment, diagnosis, and other activities.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.