Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
The RB Wellness R&D category has created the "Front End Innovation, External Partnership and Feasibility Team", covering Sexual Wellbeing, Footcare and Depilatories
Innovation from external partnerships is vital to obtaining growth for the Sexual Wellbeing and Personal Care categories. The vison is to deliver this by: 1) organic growth of the current brands 2) brand expansion into adjacent therapeutic areas and/or 3) The creation/acquisition of new brands into the portfolio.
For this new and very exciting opportunity, we are looking for an expert in FMCG Health & Personal care, who has experience in delivering products through external partnerships; this may include the licensing of private labels, co-development with external partners or M&A.
As the role will require you to conduct due diligence of technologies and products with the support of a cross-functional team, strong project management and technical expertise in one of the following disciplines is vital; Health Relief (licensed medicines), Health Wellness (Medical devices) and/or Personal Care (cosmetics, general products and devices).
The role will report to a team manager
SCOPE / DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
Typical responsibilities would include (but not limited to);
- Be the R&D lead for aligned projects/programs, working directly with the RB Business Development team (and/or procurement).
- Build relationships internal and external, including supplier(s) and consultants if needed.
- Support and Contribute to the Business Case assessment, ensure legal documentation (confidentiality etc) is in place.
- General Technical evaluation of product(s), and their claim substantiation.
- Lead the Due Diligence of product technical files, following standard RB SOP's where relevant.
- Pro-actively coordinate the cross-functional team when needed, including partnership with SCSE and CI for consumer work when required.
The role requires strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently within a multi-disciplinary project team. Strong technical & problem-solving skills, are an essential requirement of the role.
Circumstances depending, you maybe the line manager of or more R&D Associate(s).
• Be aware, accountable and follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) rules & regulations
• Enforce quality mind by 'Right first time' practice for working in area by following documented procedures & follow good documentation practice.
• Live the RB compass values, striving for perfection.
Safety, Health & Environment:
• Be aware, accountable for safety, health & environment in workplace all time to ensure free-accident & good environment area of working
• Follow safety, health & environment regulations & policy by working safely, reporting unsafe condition / unsafe act / near miss accident to supervisor as well as suggest for any improvement
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Good degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
• Relevant experience within product development role within FMCG environment.
• Strong project management skills would be an advantage
• Knowledge and hands on experience working on products with one or more different regulatory classifications. For example, Medical Devices, OTC Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care Products, Cosmetics, Supplements, General Products.
• Experience in numerous product format types such as Gels, Solutions, Capsules, Tablets, Sprays, Polymers would be an advantage.
• Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organisational capabilities.
• Have good motivational, interpersonal and communication skills to a wide audience of different skillsets.
• Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, review data & situations and form a proposed recommendation.
• Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising on deliverables.
• Understanding of strategy and planning issues, consumer understanding and priority setting.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Medical, Medical Device, Healthcare