Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
The Bulk Cheese Handler prepares product and cutting to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy related to GMP's and Safety.
• Maintain area, equipment, and personal sanitation.
• De-box/unwrap cheese from original packaging.
• Weigh cheese when applicable.
• Manual Measurement and countdown of cheese needed for customer and order specs.
• Inspect/clean cheese.
• Maintain accurate production records.
• Keep line stocked with product to assure no down time.
• Operate cutters and lifting equipment.
• Load cheese into machines / onto equipment for further processing.
• Pack and seal trim.
• Productive use of down time.
• Review order specifications to perform quality checks against customer orders.
• Direct/communicate to line personnel on order specifications and quality issues.
• Enter data on production reports.
• Communicate to line personnel on safety issues.
• Perform handheld functions using a handheld scanner.
• Operate a pallet truck.
• Ability to rotate to all lines in all Bulk positions.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program. Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read, prepare, and comprehend production reports and worksheets.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to communicate with line personnel regarding information contained therein, and regarding quality and safety issues.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Ability to promote teamwork.
• SAP experience.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Product weight: up to 100 lbs
• Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Nearest Major Market: Utah
Nearest Secondary Market: Provo