Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Job ID: 259839
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 5 years of Accounts Receivable and Collection experience who will take full ownership of the Credit & Collections position. Applicant will be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generate weekly aging reports in a timely manner. Candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principles and SOX regulations. Applicant must be proficient at MS Office (especially Excel). Prior experience with SAP and California Notary Certification a plus. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator.
• Set up new customers, review credit
• Make daily collection calls
• Conduct account research and analysis
• Prepare and maintain various reports
• Send statements to customers
• Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
• Prepare collection letters, notice of intent to lien, and lien documents as required
• Verify credit history information for new accounts
• Recommend customer credit limits and credit status
• Monitor customer credit worthiness and change status on customer master accordingly
• Respond to all customer inquiries relating to credit
• Inquire as to problems or delays with payment of delinquent invoices
• Reconcile customer A/R accounts as needed
• Maintain and resolve Email requests. (waivers, billing issues, short pays, references, etc)
• Work with attorneys on collection issues
• Prepare weekly meeting with Finance & General Managers to review AR and discuss new business
Skills and Abilities Required
• Setting up Lien's and Lien release experience is a plus
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and salespeople
• Ability to take detailed direction and follow through as instructed. Ability to handle large quantity of work with minimal mistakes
Education and/or Experience
• High School degree and College degree or comparable experience
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.