Posted in Other 23 days ago.
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Employment Classification:Per Diem
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:2nd Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:0
Safeguard, patrol and monitor buildings, grounds and property for the purpose of protecting lives, property, prevent theft, fire, vandalism and unauthorized entry while abiding to and enforcing Virtua policy and procedure.
Assist visitors, patients, vendors and staff providing excellent customer services, hospitality and a positive experience.
Provide accurate information, directions and respond to all emergency situations.
If performing surveillance, will monitor security & safety related computer systems.
* Perform the duties associated with all assigned posts, including but not limited to walking and mobile security and safety rounds; stationary posts; one-to-one observer; traffic control and special assignments.
* May monitor doors, surveillance cameras, and alarms for Virtua.
* Utilize Health System technology and systems to provide visitor control, input and output data; investigations, incident reports and shift logs; access control; infant protection and the security of sensitive areas.
* Work closely with and effectively communicate (verbal and written) to division team members; officer-in-charge (OIC); immediate supervisor; Nursing Supervisor; Health System security teams; and law enforcement agencies.
* Provide direction and, when warranted, escort visitors, vendors, patients and staff to appropriate locations within and outside of the facilities and parking lots.
* Provide written reports of all security related incidents occurring during assigned shift. Check security systems light, plumbing, heating and report all malfunctions.
* Verify all staff is wearing ID badge and the public (visitors, vendors, contractors, etc.) obtain proper ID bands, passes and badges.
* Assess all minor maintenance issues. Address issues as able, or notify the appropriate Plant Engineering staff for support. Examples of minor maintenance issues include, but not limited to, minor plumbing repairs, resetting electrical breakers, replacing light bulbs, pillow speakers, etc.
* Respond to emergency situations such as CODE GREY and CODE RED alerts. Serve as a 1st level operations responder. Respond to and recognize all hazardous/chemical substance spills. Assist and use special equipment as required.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
A minimum of 2 years in security experience preferred.
Must be mechanically inclined and familiar with the use of small hand tools.
Clear communication skills (verbal and written).
HS diploma or equivalent.
CPR certification preferred (may be required to meet the needs of specific campus locations).
Security Officers Registration Act (SORA) certification preferred.
Valid Driver's license.