Posted in Other 29 days ago.
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:20
Provides secretarial and administrative support using knowledge of medical terminology and procedures in a hospital, clinic, or laboratory environment.
Compiles information for recording purposes and prepares reports.
Screens and directs telephone calls, schedules appointments, greets patients, visitors, and maintains patient flow.
* Greets patients and other visitors. Maintains patient flow. Addresses and resolves routine inquiries.
* Screens and handles any calls and/or correspondence for requests for materials, records, patient appointment, ensuring HIPPA guidelines are followed.
* Sorts and distributes mail.
* Performs general registration and billing, obtaining pre-certifications, verifying appropriate coding, insurance, co-pays, medical records, and referrals.
* Acts as a liaison with Patient Accounting and/or Physician billing services as required to clarify billing and charge issues.
*Produces, processes and maintains required documentation and reports such as productivity/utilization, medical records, customer surveys, audits, financial reports, staff certifications/licenses.
* Schedules management appointments, meetings, conferences. Prepares meeting minutes and memos. May maintain calendars/itinerary for management personnel as requested.
* Assists in orienting new office staff; participates in performance improvement initiatives; coordinates and maintains support personnel schedules.
* May lead work of other clerical or administrative support personnel on a project basis, as assigned, or as necessary to ensure smooth office work flow.
* Maintains office equipment (copier, fax, etc.), ensures par levels of office supplies and maintains disposition of clinical materials as required by regulatory agencies.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Proficiency in using computers (data entry, word processing, report production).
Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Excellent communication skills (verbal-written-listening) in order to interact with patients, medical staff and other internal/external clientele.
Strong organizational skills ability to use sound judgment to prioritize duties.
Familiarity with department policies and procedures or ability to quickly learn and operate within those parameters.
One year experience in a medical setting preferred.
High School diploma or G.E.D.
Associate's Degree in Medical Secretarial Science preferred.