Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Position Purpose: The intern role is designed to give students the opportunity to apply classroom theory to "real world" situations thus enhancing the students' academic and career goals. Practical experience via a program project allows a student to gain knowledge and develop transferable skills, including researching, writing, organizing data, and presenting. Interns are assigned to specific teams with defined responsibilities and may be involved in a program project involving other interns. Administrative responsibilities make up a small part of the position as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access to and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client
* The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture
* Partner with team mentor for day to day assignments to meet deadlines and deliverables related to projects and or weekly goals
* Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, which includes arriving on time for designated work, notifying your leader of any deviations from the established schedule, and dressing to the standards of the organization and the work being performed.
* Adherence to the organization's policies and procedures
* Communicating effectively with peers, leaders, assigned program mentor, and all associates within the organization; accept and apply critiques and suggestions to daily work in an effort to become more productive and/or efficient
* Partnering with project team members (if applicable) on research, development, and final presentations on project finding and recommendations for the overall success of the experience
* Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, History majors preferred but not limited to these areas of study, with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Ability to analyze data
* Commitment to quality and focus on data/research integrity.
* Comfortable with learning systems, spreadsheets etc related to primary internship assignment
* Analytical and problem resolution skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
* Must be detail oriented and be able to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.