Posted in Other 19 days ago.
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Transporter you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Trident Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Trident Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs.
This is a Part-Time position.
Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Patient Transporter where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Transporter efficiently and effectively transports patients, patient belongings, prosthetics and equipment to required appropriate locations within the facility following standard safety, hospital and department policies. The Transporter is a highly visible role in the hospital therefore you must always greet and offer assistance to customers throughout your work day.
What you will do in this role:
* You will assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
* You will transport patients safely in wheelchair, stretcher or ambulating facing forward, side rails up and at a safe pace.
* You will utilize appropriate positioning aides/devices to provide safety and comfort to the patient.
* You will be responsible for the transporting of items with the patient or separately such as oxygen or IV stands.
* You will maintain therapeutic communication with patient.
* You will assist in departmental cleaning and maintenance of supplies.
* You will assist in the movement of medical equipment within the facility.
* You will transport specimen, lab and pharmacy items, and equipment.
* A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required upon hire.
* Prior Healthcare and/or Customer Service experience preferred.
For more than 40 years Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties in beautiful South Carolina. Trident Medical Center is a 320+ bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of patient services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center.
The hospital's specialty services include:
* An award-winning Heart Center
* The South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery
* The Trident Breast Care Center
* The Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic - the region's only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages.
Trident Medical Center offers critical care services and 24/7 Hospitalist and Intensivist programs. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Trident Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.