Posted in Other 27 days ago.
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Employment Classification:Per Diem
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:0
Location:Mount Holly, NJ
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse/and or LPN, assists with patients' activities of daily living and plan of care.
Communicates with and supports healthcare team, patients and/or patient's family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
* Supports the activities of daily living to include bathing, dressing, grooming, oral care, feeding, toileting/hygiene, and assisting with mobility and transport. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
* Performs technical duties as directed by RN/LPN, such as phlebotomy, vital signs, point of care testing, EKGs, bladder scanning, foley catheter care specific to population served and documents appropriately.
* Identifies and communicates changes in patient's status to RN/LPN and responds appropriately. Demonstrates standard precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient practice.
* Reinforces education of patient and family/responsible party regarding individual care needs and safety issues.
* Participates in Virtua patient satisfaction initiatives and goals. Participates in the performance improvement activities. Assists in orientation of new hires.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Demonstrates required knowledge of basic patient care skills, procedures and standards.
Must have strong communication skills.
High School Diploma or Grade Equivalent Diploma (GED) required.
Must have successfully completed a PCT course, or a fundamentals nursing course in an RN program, or have worked an equivalent of 2 years of direct patient care.
Phlebotomy training/education is required for the Emergency Department positions.
Enhances skills through ongoing education and training. Maintains regulatory and departmental level competencies.