Posted in Other 28 days ago.
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
MuleSoft is looking for an experienced and motivated Technical Writing team manager to lead a team of talented and knowledgeable technical writers. You know how to work collaboratively with technical writers, Product Management, Engineering, customers, and others to create a cohesive and motivating team environment.
You are passionate about building scalable processes and content that support our users, field, and product development teams - including coaching teams to surpass their goals. You have proven ability to drive your own roadmap and initiatives forward while remaining aligned and coordinated with many fast-moving related projects, and use data to measure the effectiveness of the program and adoption. You have the ability to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization within Salesforce and MuleSoft: product managers, engineering leads, architecture, user experience, product marketing, sales, technical field and back-office teams.
You are unafraid to ask questions because you love to learn about complex technologies. If you are a problem-solver who can lead and motivate team members in a demanding environment under tight deadlines, then this may be your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level on a small, agile writing team at a fast-growing company.
In this role, you:
* Are the inspirational leader for the content experience team. Lead by example: always focus on the customer first, say yes and instead of no, model how to get to solutions in a manner that emphasizes team psychological safety and productivity.
* Contribute to building a culture of inclusion and trust within the team.
* Work with the product line coordinators to identify the content requirements/gaps.
* Proactively respond to and seek feedback on doc initiatives from internal and external customers.
* Work with the team to devise processes and guidelines to elevate the production quality of the documentation product.
* Coordinate with individual contributors in specialized roles: documentation infrastructure, content strategy, and content architecture.
What You'll Need To Be Successful
* Proven ability to lead and influence in a highly dynamic environment
* 6+ years working of technical writing experience with large highly complex projects that follow Agile/Scrum methodology.
* 2+ years of documentation management experience
* Well versed in product and engineering best practices and have successfully implemented processes for collaboration
* Ability to drive strategic projects to closure, navigating challenges related to prioritization, engagement, and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
* Comfortable switching between the strategic and the tactical
* Ability to distinguish signal from noise -- excellent synthesis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment to resolve issues
* Ability to establish credibility, rapport, and strong, collaborative working relationships with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior executives, technical and non-technical and global team members
* Ability to be productive and drive clarity and issues to closure in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with minimal direction
* Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.